Exceptional Family Resources (EFR) partners with individuals with disabilities and their families, providing services, information, advocacy, and other supports to enhance lives and foster community acceptance.
- We believe that each person has infinite value and is entitled to have his/her individual needs and visions respected and supported.
- We believe that, to the best of their abilities, families and people with disabilities should be empowered to be independent and self-advocates.
- We treat families, individuals, and colleagues with respect, dignity, and courtesy, appreciating their diversity.
- We strive to take creative and effective actions in response to the strengths and barriers encountered in individuals, families, funders, and society at large.
- We strive for open and honest communication to enhance trust and integrity in all of our interactions.
- We are committed to nurturing a workplace environment that values each individual’s contribution and supports growth.
- We understand and support the mission of Exceptional Family Resources.
- We serve families to the best of our ability with the supports that are available.
- We respect and value the diversity of our staff, families, and community.
- We respect the confidentiality and privacy of families and each other.
- We treat families and colleagues with respect, dignity, and courtesy.
- We conduct ourselves in a professional manner.
- We work collaboratively.
- We act with integrity and honesty.
- We are actively engaged in enhancing the work environment
- We validate and appreciate individual and agency accomplishments.
- We work to be perceived by the community as providers of quality and efficient services.
- We believe that to the best of their abilities, families, and individuals with disabilities should be empowered to be independent self-advocates.
We earn trust every day by fulfilling commitments and abiding by the spirit as well as the vision of this statement. EFR welcomes, as members of our staff, professionals who accept the same vision and commitment.